History

San Gabriel Christian School is located in Southern California approximately 10 miles east of Los Angeles. The beginnings of the school can be traced to the late 1800’s when a group of Bible-believers met in a home to study God’s Word. Out of this Bible study grew the San Gabriel Community Church. The Bible is the heart of the preaching/teaching ministry of the church. The church had a vision for the future, and in a significant step of faith established San Gabriel Christian School in 1949. As the school grew, it was soon evident that more space was needed, so in the 1950’s and 1960’s additional land was purchased and the 18-classroom Stewart Building was erected. In the early 1980’s a beautiful and modern multipurpose building/gymnasium was constructed. 

Today San Gabriel Christian School provides an energetic and dedicated Christian education program for over 235 students ranging from transitional kindergarten through the eighth grade. There are approximately 35 members on staff, including teachers, administration, instructional aides, yard attendants, administrative support staff and daycare staff. SGCS offers a varied program to our students, with special teachers in computers, art, vocal and instrumental music, physical education, library, tutoring, and special education. We strive to glorify God by providing academic excellence in a Christ centered curriculum and are accredited by both the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Western Association of School and College (WASC). Most of our students score in the top 15% of national norms on the Terra Nova, which is administered each spring. Most of our Junior High students score at the post-high school level. SGCS is highly respected in the community as a school that cares about the whole child-intellectually, relationally, physically, and spiritually.