All 6-8 grade students are required to purchase an iPad for the 2017-2018 school year
San Gabriel Christian School recognizes that access to technology in school gives students greater opportunities to learn, engage, communicate, and develop skills that will prepare them for work, life, ministry and digital citizenship. We are committed to helping students develop 21st century technology and communication skills in a God-honoring manner.
Checklist for the 2017-2018 School Year
1) Purchase iPad & Keyboard Case (iPad Requirements PDF)
2) Download Apps (Required Apps PDF)
3) Purchase Mobicip Premium Account (Direct Link)
Use discount code: M1ZADL to receive a 25% discount
Select the Strict filtering level during setup
4) Create Mobicip Account (Mobicip Installation Instructions)
5) Parents create a Restrictions Passcode (Restriction Passcode & Disabling Safari PDF)
Do not give your child the Restrictions Passcode
Make sure to disable Safari and all other web browsers
6) Rename iPad (Rename iPad Instructions PDF)
7) Set Complex Passcode (Set Complex Passcode Instructions PDF)
8) Read Acceptable Use Policy (Acceptable Use Policy PDF)
9) Print & Sign Acceptable Use Policy (Acceptable Use Policy Signature Page)
10) Add Allowed Websites to Mobicip (Add Allowed Websites to Mobicip PDF)
11) Label iPad with student name
How to get started on a new iPad?
How do I set up an Apple ID?