Volunteers in Partnership (VIP)
Parent involvement in the education of your son or daughter is a critical component to SGCS. We welcome your participation and have a formalized program designed to make your volunteering meaningful and helpful to your student and his/her teacher. We call this program VIP, which stands for Volunteers In Partnership.
Highlights of our VIP program include:
- A volunteer coordinator to staff the volunteers and make jobs fun and easy
- A variety of volunteer opportunities which are accessible to all parents-even if they work full time
- Programs that are designed to help new families assimilate quickly and easily into the SGCS family
Objectives of the VIP program include:
- Sharing the gospel with SGCS families and encouraging a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Supporting SGCS, as appropriate, in the education of our students
- Supporting SGCS parents in their acclimation to the school community
- Encouraging relationships by creating opportunities for the school community to connect
- Connecting parents with volunteer opportunities so that the minimum VIP Service Hours may be met
For additional information please contact Kristen Halverson, Assistant Development Director, at (626) 287-0486 or email her at email@example.com.
What are VIP Service Hours?
All school families are asked to support the school by donating a minimum of 10 hours of service during the school year. One volunteer hour = one VIP hour; each $10 donation in goods = one VIP hour. There are many opportunities to fulfill the VIP service hours for parents working both inside and outside of the home. The VIP Office will highlight volunteer opportunities throughout the school year.