Online Application Information
Applications for the 2024-2025 school year will be accepted starting November 15th.
A non-refundable application fee of $150.00 is required with each completed application.
We encourage you to apply today, as many grade levels are expected to fill quickly.
Our 1st and 3rd grade classes for 2024-2025 are currently full.
A waiting list will be created for each grade level that reaches capacity.
Please contact the school office for current grade level availability.
Space is still available in our Transitional Kindergarten class for students ages 4 and up.
All applications must be submitted online.
Please call the school office at (626) 656-1000 with any questions.
General Criteria for Enrollment
- San Gabriel Christian School does not practice racial or cultural discrimination in its admission practices.
- Parents must be in full agreement with the purposes and philosophy of the school as indicated on the application form.
- Students must have a record of satisfactory academic performance and appropriate school behavior in previously attended school.
Criteria for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade Enrollment for the 2023-2024 School Year
- Transitional Kindergarten students must be 4 years old
- Our TK program includes Early Transitional Kindergarten students
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by December 1st
Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students are individually tested using the Developmental Readiness Scale Evaluation.
Academic Criteria for 2nd – 8th grade Enrollment
- Students should be performing at the national average for their grade level (50th percentile or Stanine 5)
- Students performing five months or more below grade level will be considered for grade level retention or academic intervention (tutoring).
- A copy of the current report card is required on the day of testing; final acceptance is not granted until the report card is received.
New students entering 2nd – 8th grade will be tested using the Stanford Achievement Test.
Social Criteria for Upper Elementary and Middle School Students
- We look for students who are able to contribute positively to the classroom and the overall school environment.
- A personal student interview will be required. The interviewer will be sensitive to the following:
- The student’s personal desire to attend San Gabriel Christian.
- The student’s chances of success at San Gabriel Christian in regard to academic, social, and emotional issues.
Establishing Order of Admission
- Applications of all eligible students in each grade are placed in a rank order according to the date received in our office. When classes are filled, a waiting list is established.
- A current school family who has an additional child to enroll is given preference over a new family.
- Special consideration is given in instances where a family with two eligible children finds one has been accepted and one has been put on a waiting list.
Notification of Acceptance:
Families will be notified of test results and admission status within two weeks of the test date. Possible status includes:
- Acceptance, Acceptance with Tutoring, or Acceptance with Retention
- Waiting list