Online Application Information
We are still accepting online applications for the 2021-2022 school year. A non-refundable application fee of $150.00 is required with each completed application.
All applications must be submitted online. Please call the school office at (626) 656-1000 with any questions.
General Criteria for Enrollment
- San Gabriel Christian School does not practice racial or cultural discrimination in its admission practices.
- Parents must be in full agreement with the purposes and philosophy of the school as indicated on the application form.
Criteria for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade Enrollment
- Kindergarteners should be five years old by December 1. Students in Transistional Kindergarten must be five years old by January 31.
- Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students are individually tested using the Developmental Readiness Scale Evaluation.
Academic Criteria for 2nd – 8th grade Enrollment
- New students entering 2nd – 8th grades will be tested using the Stanford Achievement Test.
- A copy of the current report card is required on the day of testing; final acceptance is not granted until the report card is received.
- Students should be performing at the national average for their grade level (50th percentile or Stanine 5).
- Students performing below the average are considered very carefully. Either retention or tutoring needs to be considered.
Social Criteria for Upper Elementary and Junior High Students
- We look for students who are able to contribute positively to the classroom and the overall school environment.
- A personal student interview will be required. The interviewer will be sensitive to the following:
- The student’s personal desire to attend San Gabriel Christian.
- The student’s chances of success at San Gabriel Christian in regard to academic, social, and emotional issues.
Establishing Order of Admission
- Applications of all eligible students in each grade are placed in a rank order according to the date received in our office. When classes are filled, a waiting list is established.
- A current school family who has an additional child to enroll is given preference over a new family.
- Special consideration is given in instances where a family with two eligible children finds one has been accepted and one has been put on a waiting list.
Notification of Acceptance:
Families will be notified of test results and admission status within two weeks of the test date. Possible status includes:
- Acceptance, acceptance with tutoring, or acceptance with retention
- Waiting list