Yesterday, San Gabriel Community Church hosted “Education Sunday.”It was an opportunity for our church family to hear about what happening at SGCS Monday through Friday. Church members committed to pray for the individual faculty & staff this school year, and got to hear teacher, student and parent testimonies about our school.
We are so grateful to the church for their ongoing love and support of our school!
Chef Mark’s lunches are off to a delicious start! Last week we enjoyed pulled pork sandwiches made with Chef Mark’s own special dry rub seasoning, topped with BBQ sauce and mozzarella cheese. And Friday marked the return of his famous chocolate chip cookies. Yum!
COVID-19 Health Protocols
As a reminder, children should not be sent to campus if anyone in the household has any of the following revised symptoms:
- Fever (100° F or greater)
- Feeling Feverish/Chills
- Muscle or Body Aches
- New and Persistent Cough
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Loss of Taste or Smell
Steps to follow…
Because we are unable to definitively determine if the above symptoms are related to COVID-19 or another diagnosis, your student must meet ONE of the following criteria before returning to school:
- You may choose to see a healthcare provider and they must determine if the student has an alternative diagnosis responsible for the symptoms.
- You may choose to have your child tested for COVID-19 and provide results of a negative test.
- You may keep your child home from school and school activities for 10 days from the onset of symptoms.
- With proof of vaccination, students who are symptom-free do not need to miss school.